TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Parties to this agreement have acquainted themselves with the standard Terms & Conditions of sale & have found them to be acceptable
2. Terms of Payment
a) Equipment sales - 100%, unless otherwise stated in writing.
b) Where a deposit has been paid against equipment, this is a non-refundable payment.
3. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
4. The legal ownership of any goods/services supplied will only pass to the customer when the order has been dispatched.
Delivery via a pallet network will include a palletised kerbside/yard delivery only. For insurance purposes our couriers are not permitted to enter your building, so please ensure you have 2 to 3 people to help with larger items. As our pallet deliveries are carried out by one man you may be expected to help unload larger items should the driver need assistance.
We must be made aware of any restrictions to access to the property including but not limited to overhanging / low trees / shrubs, steep driveways, narrow lanes, tight bends or any other restrictions that may make it difficult for the delivering vehicle to gain access to the point of delivery. We will not accept any claims for compensation arising from non / failed / refused delivery of any item where the couriers were not made aware of any points regarding access restrictions.
Please ensure you have measured doorways, corridors and staircases etc to ensure the goods will fit where you want them to go and that you have the necessary manpower, tools and equipment in place to get the item in situ once delivered. All items will arrive in one piece to allow the buyer to test it fully prior to dismantling. Any dismantling and reassembly of equipment will be at the buyers discretion and their own responsibility unless a specific request for assistance is made prior to purchase. Please see our installation tab for more information on our installation services. If equipment needs to be dismantled to get in then you must test outside.
6. We pay our courier for a book in service whereby they will contact you prior to delivery and agree a suitable day for delivery. Should you fail to accept delivery after agreeing with the courier you will be charged for re-delivery. Failure to make this payment will result in us cancelling the sale and refunding you minus our postage costs. If you require the equipment to be installed or simply moved into a designated room, we can provide an installation and/or removals team (please see our Installation tab). Alternatively, you are welcome to collect from our warehouse in Hinckley (LE10 3DS) free of charge. Opening hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday, and a forklift is available for loading the equipment.
7. Failure to give accurate access details may result in additional installation charges and delays. The delivery will be to the nearest accessible point on the ground floor. Due to the size of the vehicles used we must be informed of any restrictions regarding access for the delivering vehicles. This includes steps, steep driveways, narrow lanes, overhanging or low trees, tight bends or any other restrictions that will make it difficult for the vehicle to gain access to the property.
All NEW products on our website are covered by a manufacturer's warranty. If you are using any of the products in an environment other than in a residential house, you must check to see if the product you are purchasing has a warranty for the environment you are going to use it in. For example, a product with a "home use" warranty will have no warranty whatsoever if used in a Full or Light Commercial environment. If you are unsure as to which classification of usage you require, please ask and we will be happy to check if the chosen products are suitable. No manufacturer's warranty covers failure of a product if caused by unreasonable or abusive use, if the customer alters the product in any way or if the customer fails to provide reasonable and necessary care. Warranties also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you require clarification of the terms for particular products, we will be happy to supply these for you if not already detailed on the website.
Non UK Mainland Warranties (including Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Europe & ROW - Rest of World)
If you live outside the UK, it is advisable that you check whether or not the product you are wishing to purchase will have warranty outside the UK. Labour warranties for certain UK offshore postcodes may not be available.
All machines must be located in dry, dust free and room temperature environment. Most machines have electrical components that can be affected by the environment. This will affect your warranty.
When a deposit is left against gym equipment this will last for 3 months and then
we are legally allowed to sell the equipment.
Warranties Outside the UK
Our warranty is only valid for the UK mainland. If equipment is purchased outside of the UK mainland and the equipment is faulty then we will only be able to refund or exchange if the equipment is returned to us at FitKIt UK at the cost of the customer within a reasonable time frame.
Due to atmospheric conditions heart rate monitors and pulse sensors can be very temperamental, please do not purchase any equipment on the presumption that the heart rate monitor or pulse sensor will be fully functional.
Customer has the duty of care to after the goods whilst in their possession, failure to do so may incur additional costs and may make it non-returnable.
Belts, decks, Foot Straps, Upholstery, Belt aligning, Periodic Lubrication, Tracking, Tension of striding belts and resistance calibration, Grips and Cables.
The following should be done by the customer:
8. All machines will require routine daily, weekly and monthly checks. Please refer to the manufacturers guidelines for further information.
Warranty becomes invalid if any attempt is made by the customer to tamper/repair a machine whilst under warranty.
FitKit UK reserves the right to remove equipment for repair off site if on site repairs are not possible.
09. All piece parts supplied in the course of this business are subject to a 30 days warranty
for the part supply only, or as agreed at time of quotation.
10. Access is required to the customer's premises to carry out servicing, engineering works,
maintenance or installation (as agreed). If access is denied or not available, a charge will be
made for time lost/waiting to the customer at our standard labour rates.
11. If part of a consignment is not received or faulty, this shall not be grounds for withholding
payment for the remainder of the invoice on which the goods appear.
12. Interpretation- These terms are construed in accordance with English Law and shall be
subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.
13. All items are pre-owned / Used unless stated otherwise.
15. Due to the nature of used fitness equipment stocks and changes implemented in specifications during updates and model changes etc, products shown on this Site may differ from the product delivered. Customers are advised to check any specifically required features with www.fitkituk.com at the point of ordering. Images are used as a guide, colour, design etc may vary from what is shown.
16. FitKit UK Ltd endeavour to keep product information as up to date as possible. However, specifications are liable to change without notice. Product photographs are intended to illustrate the particular model but may, occasionally, not reflect the product as sold. Unless specifically stated, weights, bars and other accessories shown on photographs are not included - please call for further details on any particular product.
While every effort is made to provide accurate and up to date information, FitKit UK Ltd can not be held responsible for any errors or omission on our website or brochures.
Although FitKit UK Ltd endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on the website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If a pricing error is discovered or an order is placed at the erroneous price we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
All orders made by you through the Website are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and providing no payment has been taken nor any explicit acceptance of your order has been accepted, we will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.
After submitting an order to us we will send you an order acknowledgement email with your order number and details of the goods that you have ordered. Please note this email is an acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
For certain goods, information concerning stock availability is not available on the Website. If you order goods which are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail and you will have the option to wait until the goods are available from stock, or cancel your order in accordance with our cancellation and returns policy. In the event your order is cancelled, we will refund any payment already collected from you in respect of that order, in accordance with our cancellation and returns policy.
Any email or other electronic acknowledgement by us of receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by us of your order.
While every care has been taken to ensure that this website is virus-free, FitKit UK Ltd accepts no liability for viruses or virus damage as result of using this website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affect your statutory rights.
17. Returns / Cancellations
Your statutory right to cancel
Under the consumer rights act 2015 you have the right to return purchased products if they are faulty or unfit for purpose within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. In such cases the customer will not need to pay for return costs and they will be entitled to a full refund.
All order cancellations or returns must be notified to us by e-mail or by writing. Please see contact details below:
FitKit UK Ltd
Unit 169C Whittle Road (Off Newton Road)
Harrowbrook Industrial Estate
17. Coupons / Voucher Codes
Coupon codes can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, special price or promotion of any kind.
The company reserves the right to cancel any sale or transaction, coupon discount, special offer, special price or promotion at any time.